In the middle of the town centre, a large very red building of 1904 by Kelly and Birchall. The tower was added by Giles Gilbert Scott in 1930.
Close to the station, this is a distinctive church of 1932-33 by Giles Gilbert Scott, he also designed many of the fittings.
In the old village rather than near the station. This is a medieval church to which Gilbert Scott added a north aisle and restoration in 1856-62 and John Oldrid Scott added a south aisle in 1878. Thus only the tower, west wall and part of the chancel remain from the old church. There is a huge memorial to the Hambro banking family in the big churchyard.
One of Giles Scott’s last buildings dating from 1954-59. A large building just up the road from St Mary Abbots.
Possibly the best James Brooks church (though unfinished) dating from 1889-1901.The chancel was added 1913-15 by Giles Gilbert Scott, but the nave vault was never built, hence the cut off springer arches on each column.
A 13th century chapel restored in 1874-79 by J Young and 1935 by Giles Gilbert Scott. Prior to its purchase by a Roman catholic Order in 1873 it had been used as a Welsh chapel. The crypt was repaired in 1968-70 by Charles Blakeman. The east window is by Joseph Nuttgens, 1952, the rest by Charles Blakeman 1952-58 (side windows) and 1964 (west window).
An evangelical church built in Belgravia as the focal point of Chester Square. The architect was Thomas Cundy Junior and it was finished in 1844-46. It is in a pre archeological gothic style. A war memorial chapel was added by Giles Gilbert Scott in 1921