The old village church a mile or so south of the modern town centre on a hill-top, it can still be approached across fields. The nave, north aisle and tower were rebuilt in 1847 by Whichcord and Whichcord.. Sedding added an organ chamber in 1889. A second story was added to the north chapel in 1961.
“The Cathedral of the Arts and Crafts Movement”. Built 1888-90 by J.D. Sedding. WW2 bombing meant that the vault of 1959 by Michael Farey is plaster.The huge east window is by Morris & Co with figures designed by Burne Jones and backgrounds by Morris.
A large church facing onto Archway Road just north of the bridge. It was designed by J.D. Sedding 1884-87, the nave completed by Henry Wilson with a west end of 1914-15 by J.H. Gibbons
This was designed by J.D. Sedding in 1889 but carried out by Henry Wilson 1892-93. A good example of Sedding and Wilson’s free gothic style. The richly decorated Lady Chapel by E.J. May was added in 1913, with the reredos by C.G. Hare added in 1920.
An unusual renaissance church from J.D. Sedding (1887-88) and Henry Wilson (1892-95).