Home » Shaw. R. Norman
Category Archives: Shaw. R. Norman
Built in two campaigns – 1871 and 1900 and ascribed by the diocesan website to Richard Norman Shaw. The church is now divided with the nave being used as a hall (though it can be opened out into the eastern parts) and the eastern parts as a church. The aisles are also divided off into other ancillary rooms, several stained glass windows are in toilets and the kitchen.
The chancel, nave eastern end and south chancel aisle are by R. Norman saw from 1879-1884. The western end, that is visible from Coburg Road, dates from 1932. It closed as a church in 1965 and was in various uses until it became the New Peckham Mosque in 1980. It is on the edge of the late 20th century Burgess Park.