Home » Shearman, Ernest C.
Category Archives: Shearman, Ernest C.
In suburbia north of the centre of Golders Green. This was built as St Barnabas C of E church in 1915 by J.S. Alder. The chancel and Lady chapel were added in 1932-34 by Ernest Shearman. The nave was rebuilt in 1962 by Romilly B. Craze after war damage. It became a Coptic church in 1996 and this was when the west porch was added. The interior shots appear rather murky owing to the amount of incense coming from a service in the lady Chapel.
The church for the Brentham Estate in the north of Ealing. It is one of Ernest Shearman’s 20th century brick basilicas. This one was built in 1914-1916. The apse wall paintings are by James Clark and date from 1917-1920. The Lady Chapel triptych dates from 1996 and is by Sister Theresa Margaret from the Community of the Holy Name, Pwllheli, north Wales.