Home » Shirley

Category Archives: Shirley

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St George the Martyr, Elstan Way, Shirley

The church was established in 1937 and a hall (still in use) was built. Up to the construction in 1952 of this building, designed by John L. Denman, it also functioned as the church. Some eastern additions, including the blue and cream Lady Chapel were made in 1960.