Home » Southall
Category Archives: Southall
Christ the Redeemer, Allenby Road, Southall
Emmanuel, Fleming Road, Southall
A small hall/church on the Golf Links estate, dating from 1974. The worship area faces into a sanctuary in the curved area of wall.
St Anselm, South Road, Southall (Roman Catholic)
St George, Lancaster Road, Southall
At the west end of the town centre, visible from the Uxbridge Road, but behind the high fence of a drive-thru McDonald’s. It is by Arthur Blomfield and dates from 1908. The organ by Abraham Jordan dates from 1723 and comes from the former church of St George, Botolph Lane in the City of London.
Holy Trinity, Uxbridge Road, Southall
St John, Church Avenue, Southall Green
Constructed in 1910 by C.G.Miller to replace the old church on King Street, a few yards away. Inside some of the aisles have been partitioned off with glass screens and some of the chancel furnishings have been removed, as have the pews. The west end of the nave is a huge wooden war memorial. There are also some wall memorials from the previous St John.
St John, King Street, Southall Green (former)
Built in 1838 but replaced by a new church close by in 1910. !n 2014 the churchyard was still maintained to some extent. A visit in 2022 found the church enclosed by high fencing and looking in a poor state. The western end of the churchyard has been replaced by a featureless area of paving.