Home » Southgate

Category Archives: Southgate

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Andrew, Chase Side, Southgate

Alongside the road, hiding a large ASDA superstore, north west of Southgate town centre. The church dates from 1903 and is by A.R. Barker with the sanctuary and north chapel added in 1916 by Barker and Kirk. There are striking modern stations of the Cross and a Triptych and several windows by local firm Cakebread Robey.

  

Christ Church, The Green, Southgate, London N14 7EG

Side on to the road near The Green. It is a church of 1861-63 by George Gilbert Scott.Inside is a major collection of Morris & Co glass, much designed by Burne-Jones. Other glass is by Clayton & Bell.

southgate_christchurch170613_1  southgate_christchurch170613_
 southgate_christchurch170613_3 southgate_christchurch170613_5
 southgate_christ_church210613_41   southgate_christ_church210613_9
southgate_christ_church210613_10  southgate_christ_church210613_8
 southgate_christchurch170613_4    southgate_christ_church210613_7
 southgate_christ_church210613_28  southgate_christ_church210613_18
 southgate_christ_church210613_39 southgate_christ_church210613_38
 southgate_christ_church210613_34  southgate_christ_church210613_33
 southgate_christ_church210613_20  southgate_christ_church210613_17
 southgate_christ_church210613_15 southgate_christ_church210613_16
 southgate_christ_church210613_4  southgate_christ_church210613_5
 southgate_christ_church210613_6  southgate_christ_church210613_32