Home » Street, Arthur Edmund

Category Archives: Street, Arthur Edmund

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St John the Divine, Vassall Road, Kennington

A landmark a few 100 metres off Brixton Road. It is by G.E. Street 1870-74 with the spire completed 1888-89 under A.E. Street. Internal decoration by G.F. Bodley was added in 1890-92. It was restored, following war damage, by H.S. Goodhart-Rendel in 1955-58

kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_1  kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_5
 kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_13  kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_21
 kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_19  kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_8
 kennington_st_john_the_divine291114_9  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_8
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_32  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_2
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_1  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_10
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_11  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_12
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_6  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_26
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_27  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_28
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_29  kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_36
 kennington_st_john_the_divine051214_15