Home » Stroud Green

Category Archives: Stroud Green

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Luke (former), Mayfield Road, Stroud Green

A typical J.E.K. and J.P. Cutts church of 1902-03 that was converted to housing in the 1970s.

stroud_green_st_luke_former190913_  stroud_green_st_luke_former190913_5
 stroud_green_st_luke_former190913_4  stroud_green_st_luke_former190913_2
 stroud_green_st_luke_former190913_6

Holy Trinity, Granville Road, Stroud Green

A church hall of 1913 by J.S. Alder, it replaced the war damaged church alongside which was demolished in 1960.

stroud_green_holy_trinity190913_1 stroud_green_holy_trinity190913_

St Peter in Chains, Womersley Road, Stroud Green (Roman Catholic)

A suburban church, by A.J.C Scoles, the south aisle of 1896 and the nave and north aisle of 1902, the wooden porch at the west end a relatively recent addition. Church website

stroud_green_st_peter_in_chains_rc190913_3 stroud_green_st_peter_in_chains_rc190913_4