Home » Taylor J.H.

Category Archives: Taylor J.H.

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St John, North End Road, Walham Green

A short way north of Fulham Broadway tube station. The church is by J.H. Taylor and dates from 1827-28. In 1893 E.P. Warren removed the galleries. A major reordering in 1985-89 by Broadbent, Hastings, Reid and New saw much the west end divided off vertically and horizontally into halls and many furnishings removed. A small day chapel has been created at the west end of the building. In 2018 there will be another reordering aimed at restoring a more traditional church like atmosphere. The west end (Jan 2018) is currently concealed behind scaffolding and a trompde d’oeil hoarding.