Home » Travers, Martin
Category Archives: Travers, Martin
St Mary of Nazareth, The Avenue, West Wickham
North of the current town centre down a suburban street. The original church, now the hall, was by Martin Travers and built in 1934. The current church of 1954 was designed by C.W. Fowler. There is a first floor lady chapel in the transept like structure between the two. The fish is a fossil in the altar step.
The Good Shepherd, Queen Mary Avenue, Carshalton Beeches
St John the Baptist, Sheepcote Road, Greenhill, Harrow
Holy Redeemer, Churchmore Road/Streatham Vale, Streatham
St Dunstan, Cranford
Inside Cranford Park and just in Hillingdon Borough (other Cranford churches are in Hounslow Borough).The tower is 15th century, the nave of 1710. There have been restorations by J.L. Pearson and Martin Travers and one just completed in March 2013, the church is open most Saturdays. It was once next to the a great house but all that now remains are the stables. The rural charm is spoilt by the M4 thundering past a few yards away.