Home » Walworth
Category Archives: Walworth
All Saints and St Stephen Former), Surrey Square, Walworth now Church of the Lord (Aldura)
St John, Larcom Street, Walworth
English Martyrs, Rodney Road, Walworth (Roman Catholic)
Lady Margaret Church (previously St John’s College Mission), Chatham Street, Walworth now Cherubim & Seraphim church (Mount of Salvation)
St Christopher (Pembroke College Mission), Tatum Street, Walworth
Of all the college missions, only this and the Trinity College mission still fulfil their religious and community functions in the London Borough of Southwark. The church is on the first floor above halls and offices, with housing to one side. The lower floor is by E.S. Prior from 1891-92, while the church dates from 1908 and was designed by Herbert Passmore. The chancel of the church is separated by gates from the nave which is now mainly in use as a hall, with one aisle partitioned off for smaller rooms.
St Peter, Liverpool Grove, Walworth
At the end of a short street off Walworth Road and sitting in a large churchyard. The church was designed by Sir John Soane in 1823-25. Ewan Christian made changes at the east end in 1888 and there were repairs after WW2 damage by Thomas F. Ford in 1953 (65 people sheltering in crypt were killed in a 1940 air raid.