Built as part of the Hospital of St John between 1510-16. It is down a side turning between The Strand and the Thames. The bell turret was added by Sir Robert Smirke in 1820-21 and the whole was restored by Sydney Smirke 1864-65.
On an island in The Strand, the church was designed by James Gibbs and built 1714-17.
Behind Debenhams in Oxford Street. It was an estate chapel and is now the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity. The architect was James Gibbs and it was built 1721-24. The interior is now bare but it still has William Morris glass designed by Burne-Jones in the east window which dates from 1881.
One of the most famous 19th century churches in Britain. It was designed by William Butterfield and built 1850-59. The interior is an ideal of the mid-Victorian Anglo catholic parish church. It sits on a very restricted site just behind the east end of Oxford Street.
Next to Broadcasting House just north of Oxford Circus. The church was designed by John Nash and built 1822-24. It is a centre of evangelical Anglicanism.
Just behind Oxford Street’s western end is this large church by Sir Walter Tapper dating from 1912-14