Home » West Wimbledon

Category Archives: West Wimbledon

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Christ Church, Copse Hill, West Wimbledon

Built 1859-60 by S.S. Teulon, with a west bay added in 1881 by Charles Maylard and an 1875 choir vestry added by F.C. Penrose.

west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_  west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_1
 west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_2  west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_5
 west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_6  west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_4
 west_wimbledon_christ_church130114_3

St Matthew, Durham Road, West Wimbledon

Close to Raynes Park station. It is a church of 1958 by Sebastian Comper, replacing one of Ernest Shearman’s, a1909 church that had suffered war damage. It retains that church’s foundation stone, a figure of Christ, and the Lady Chapel reredos.