Home » Winchmore Hill

Category Archives: Winchmore Hill

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Paul, Church Hill, Winchmore Hill

Not far from the station, and rather hidden in trees, this is a very wide church of 1826-27 by John Davies. The original chancel was very short but a new larger one was added in 1889 along with vestries.

Holy Trinity, Winchmore Hill

On Green Lanes the main road through the suburb, it was originally by J.S. Alder dating from 1906-07, but apart from the tower and west end, heavily rebuilt and reorientated after a fire in 1978.

winchmore_hill_holy_trinity170613_