Home » Wyatt, James
Category Archives: Wyatt, James
One of the four inns of court. The chapel was rebuilt in 1619-1623 to designs by the mason John Clark. The east window and roof were renewed by James Wyatt in 1795-1796, Samuel Salter reconstructed the roof in 1882 and added the west bay and frontage.
A nedieval chapel was replaced by this church designed by James Wyatt in 1782-84. Its Palladian appearance was drastically changed by J.H. Hakewill who altered it to a Neo-norman building in 1843-45, adding the east end and towers to replace a portico facing the street. It was declared redundant in 1993, was derelict and used for raves before being taken over by the Nigerian Christ Apostolic church.