Home » Bromley
Category Archives: Bromley
About a mile north of the town centre. The nave was built in 1863-64 and is by Waring and Blake, next came the chancel of 1881 by W.R. Mallett, followed by a south transept in 1891 and a north transept in 1899-1900 both by Wadmore, Wadmore and Mallet. Intended nave aisles were never built. The chancel contains a scheme of wall and ceiling decoration by Ward & Hughes, who also made the stained glass in the church.
At the north end of the town centre and like St Mark at the south end, destroyed but for its tower by 1941 bombing. The tower is medieval and the current church is by J. Harold Gibbons and dates from 1948-57. The apsidal children’s chapel is attached to the east of the tower and the main body of the church is to its south.