Home » Burke-Downing, H.P.
Category Archives: Burke-Downing, H.P.
Attractively sited in a large churchyard next to Beddington Park and Carew Manor. Much of it dates from the 14th century with an 1867-69 restoration by Joseph Clarke, with the dormers added in 1907 bu H.P. Burke-Downing. Apart from the new north aisle, added by Clarke, most walls are covered in 19th-century paintings and stencilling. There is an organ case with early William Morris decoration and a huge doom altarpiece, now at the west end of the north aisle, by Clayton and Bell. There are a number of misericords in the choir stalls.