Attractively sited in a large churchyard next to Beddington Park and Carew Manor. Much of it dates from the 14th century with an 1867-69 restoration by Joseph Clarke, with the dormers added in 1907 bu H.P. Burke-Downing. Apart from the new north aisle, added by Clarke, most walls are covered in 19th-century paintings and stencilling. There is an organ case with early William Morris decoration and a huge doom altarpiece, now at the west end of the north aisle, by Clayton and Bell. There are a number of misericords in the choir stalls.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- St David’s Home Chapel, Castlebar Hill, Ealing, W5 1TE
- Botwell Misson Hall, Golden Crescent, Hayes (Former) now housing
- Cathedral of St Mary (Apostolic Catholic Assyrian Church Of The East), Westminster Road, Hanwell
- St John the Divine (Former), Bedford Hill, Balham now Burlington School of English.
- Grail Community Chapel (former), Waxwell Lane, Pinner now SPEC Retreat Chapel (Roman Catholic)