In the centre of the estate north of Abbey Wood Station, it is a church of 1966 by Ralph Covell.
There was a mission church on the site before this building, principally a church hall, was constructed in 1958 and designed by Ralph Covell. There was a small basement chapel that is now disused and the main hall has been used for services but the building is now only used as a hall.
Open in 1953 and designed by Ralph Covell. It was used as a church until 1962. In 1981 it was leased to the Community Association until 2006 after which it was occasionally used for services, but it now purely a Community Centre.
Serving the Coldharbour area. The church dates from 1953-1956 and is by Ralph Covell.
Catford town centre’s church, it replaced a nearby 19th-century church that was demolished. This building is by Ralph Covell of Covell Mathews and Partners in 1967-1968. There is an octagonal church with an adjoining octagonal Lady Chapel topped by an open concrete spire.
Replacing a WW2 damaged church, it was built by Ralph Covell in 1959
The church replaced a war-damaged church of 1894 and now serves the Silwood Estate. It was designed by Covell Matthews and Partners in 1960.
The church was built in 1964-66 to designs by Ralph Covell. It forms a piece with a primary school, opposite the Riverside estate’s shopping parade.
In the heart of suburbia. The church of 1949 by Ralph Covell replaced a bombed church of 1914.
On the eastern side of Kennington Park. This church replaced G.G. Scott junior’s masterpiece that was damaged in WW2 and controversially not restored. It is by Ralph Covell and dates from 1956. Some fittings such as the reredos and screen (now at the west end) come from the previous church. The final group of pictures show the lower level Lady Chapel.