Home » Cutts, J.E.K.
Category Archives: Cutts, J.E.K.
There were two buildings on this site. The church by J.E.K. and J.P. Cutts dated from 1899 but was destroyed by WW2 bombing in October 1940. It had superseded a mission church of 1891-1892 which had been retained as a hall and which became the church. It closed in 1997 and was made redundant and is now a day nursery. The church site is now occupied by housing
Closing off the view looking south down Quarrendon Street, this is a church of 1902-03 by J.E.K Cutts and J.P. Cutts. The west end has been divided off vertically and horizontally for halls, kitchens and a store-room for the food bank. The former chancel screen is now at the east end. Arts and Crafts glass by Karl Parsons is now hidden away in the store-room at the west end. There are also several later Morris and Co windows.
A large church off Fortis Green, designed by J.E.K and J.P. Cutts and built in 1892, with the chancel and apse added in 1912. The interior has been subdivided with the westernmost bays, divided off by the former rood screen, to form hall, toilet and kitchen areas. The church has several modern furnishings such as the figure of St Cecilia with a viol by Susanne Küster, the Golden Madonna by Beryl Dean and St Francis of Assisi by Naomi Blake.