Home » Docklands

Category Archives: Docklands

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Christ Church and St John, Manchester Road, Isle of Dogs

A landmark at the southern tip of the Isle of Dogs. It was designed by Frederick Johnstone and built 1852-54, new vestries and restoration by J.E.K and J.P. Cutts in 1906-07.

isle_of_dogs_christ_church141113_  isle_of_dogs_christ_church141113_2
 isle_of_dogs_christ_church141113_1 isle_of_dogs_christ_church141113_4

St Peter, WestIndia Quay, Isle of Dogs

A floating church in the shadow of the Canary Wharf development. It has been in place since 2003 outside the Docklands Museum.

isle_of_dogs_st_peters141113_  isle_of_dogs_st_peters141113_1
 isle_of_dogs_st_peters141113_2

St Luke, Alpha Grove, Isle of Dogs(replaced by a new building)

Not far from Canary Wharf but in a much less well known area of the Isle of Dogs, disused from 2012, when the church moved to worship in a local school. It was built in 1960 to replace an older church. A new church on the corner of Alpha Grove and Havannah Street was opened in October 2018..

isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_  isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_1
 isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_3  isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_8
 isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_10  isle_of_dogs_st_luke_former141113_5