Home » Downbiggin, Lawrence
Category Archives: Downbiggin, Lawrence
In narrow streets between the Thames and the station, this is Rotherhithe’s old parish church. The medieval church was replaced over the period 1714-1747 by this classical building attributed to John James and Lawrence Dowbiggin (Tower). A restoration was carried out in 1876 by William Butterfield. All the interior pictures are taken from the west end through glass as only the narthex is open.