Home » Downham

Category Archives: Downham

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Barnabas, Churchdown Road, Downham

One of several churches by Sir Charles Nicholson to serve the rapidly growing London County Council estates being built. A hall by him was built in 1926 and served as the church until the actual church was built in 1928.

The Good Shepherd, Moorside Road, Downham (Roman Catholic)

Built in 1961-63 by Donald Plaskett Marshall replacing a hall that had been used since this huge LCC estate was built in the 1920s