Home » Fulham
Category Archives: Fulham
At the north end of Putney Bridge facing across to Putney Parish Church, this is the old parish church of Fulham on the edge of Bishop’s Park. The tower dates from 1440 but the rest was rebuilt in 1880-81 by Arthur Blomfield. Inside there is a large collection of monuments from before the rebuilding and much, mainly Heaton, Butler and Bayne, glass. Some medieval pieces remain together with an older Wailes window and a later one by Margaret H.E. Rope.
Closing off the view looking south down Quarrendon Street, this is a church of 1902-03 by J.E.K Cutts and J.P. Cutts. The west end has been divided off vertically and horizontally for halls, kitchens and a store-room for the food bank. The former chancel screen is now at the east end. Arts and Crafts glass by Karl Parsons is now hidden away in the store-room at the west end. There are also several later Morris and Co windows.