Home » Hakewill, E.C.

Category Archives: Hakewill, E.C.

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St James, Lower Clapton Road, Clapton Pond

By E.C. Hakewill 1840-41, to which W.D.Caroe added a chancel and eastern bay and vestries in 1902. The interior is now divided into two with the crossing, transepts and chancel used as a church and the nave for community uses.

  clapton_st_james141213_3  clapton_st_james141213_2
 clapton_st_james141213_1  clapton_st_james141213_5
     
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
 

St John of Jerusalem, South Hackney

A large church of 1845-48 by E.C. Hakewill. For its date it is a remarkably well detailed church. The spire by N.F. Cachemaille-Day was added in after the orignal broach spire was destroyed in WW2.

          south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_34 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_1
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_5  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_32
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_31  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_29
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_19  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_18
 south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_9  south_hackney_st_john_of_jersusalem161113_7