Home » Hesketh, Robert

Category Archives: Hesketh, Robert

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St John, Church Row, Hampstead

This building replaced the old church in 1745-47 and was designed by John Sanderson, upper parts of the tower added in 1759 by Samuel Steemson. Transepts were added in 1834 by Robert Hesketh. The church was reorientated  and a chancel added in 1877-78 by F.P. Cockerell. (The tower is at the east end and the chancel at the west)

       
   
   
   
                     
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
   

St Dunstan, Friars Place Lane, East Acton

Funded by the Goldsmiths Company whose architect R. Hesketh designed the church which was built in 1878-79. It was subdivided in 1983 by Ian Goldsmid, leaving the eastern half as a worship space and the west as a hall.

??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????
  east_acton_st_dunstan120514_2  ???????????????????????????????
 east_acton_st_dunstan120514_19  east_acton_st_dunstan120514_7
 east_acton_st_dunstan120514_16  east_acton_st_dunstan120514_14
 ???????????????????????????????  ???????????????????????????????
 east_acton_st_dunstan120514_4  ???????????????????????????????

St Mary, Chessington

The old village church of Chessington, now surrounded by housing. basically a 13th century building with restorations by R. Hesketh (bell turret 1854) and T.G. Jackson (south aisle 1870).

chessington_st_mary270214_1 chessington_st_mary270214_7
 chessington_st_mary270214_5  chessington_st_mary270214_3
 chessington_st_mary270214_9