Home » Kew
Category Archives: Kew
Down a suburban street, this large church is now divided up, the nave being a community centre and only the chancel and its aisles being in use as a small church. It is by Goldie, Child & Goldie and dates from 1888, the division came in 1980. Glass from the converted areas is now displayed in light boxes at the entrance to the worship area.
This church originated as a small chapel of 1710-1714, it was lengthened and a north aisle added in 1768 by J.J. Kirby. The west front and south aisle came in 1805, designed by Robert Browne. A mausoleum by Benjamin Ferrey was added east of the east end in 1850-51. In 1884 the current east end was added and the south aisle rebuilt by Henry Stock.