Replacing a WW2 damaged church, it was built by Ralph Covell in 1959
Attributed stylistically to Clement Jackson and built in 1905. The next door house was home to Miss Frances Ellis who was responsible for funding many Roman catholic churches in the Lambeth area.
Perched on the edge of a steep drop, this suburban church dates from 1906, the architect was Clement Jackson. The west end and internal reordering were carried out in 1990 by Derek Philips.
A typical suburban Edwardian church. It was built in 1901, the architects were Sidney Smith and Spencer Grant. Aisles and baptistry were added in 1905, the chancel 1926-27.
Imposingly sited almost at the top of a steep hill. The church is of 1870 by R.W. Drew, with the west end and baptistry by G.H. Fellowes-Prynne.
Closed as a parish church during 2014. It was built 1889-1914 and designed by Rowland Plumbe and Harvey.
A replacement for a church of 1867, it was built in 1974, the architect is not recorded.
At the northern end off Herne Hill, this was the church hall of the St Saviour’s Church that was demolished in 1981. The hall is now used as a church. It dates from 1913 and was designed by Beresford Pite.
Built 1904-05 and attributed to F.W. Tasker. It was extended eastwards in 1937 and the west end was rebuilt 1949-50 after WW2 damage. The architect for this was D. Plaskett Marshall. The interior was re-orientated along the long north side in 1972 and the narthex on the south side was added in 1984, the architect being Derek Philips.
On a prominent sloping site above the town centre. The church (one of the Waterloo churches) is by Francis Bedford, 1822. A chancel (now blocked off) and arcades were added by G.E. Street in 1872-73.