A suburban church on the far side of the High Road from the main shopping area.By D.M. Blouett 1965-66.
A small suburban hall/church dating from 1938 and fitting in well with the surrounding housing just off the Roding Valley.
Dating from 1966 by Donald Plaskett Marshall and at the time of visiting (April 2013) it was completely shrouded in scaffolding.
North of Gants Hill station.By David Rodney Burles and dating from 1953.
From 1967 and designed by John Newton of Burles, Newton and Partners.
By Geoffrey Raymond 1927-28 with the aisles added in 1934 and 1940.
Originally a Methodist church of 1904 and looking like a large chapel, it became an RC church in 1966.
Just east of the town centre, an impressive street frontage, but less effective at the side. It was designed by R.L. Curtis and built 1898-99 with aisles added 1904-12 and the tower in 1906-1907.
An insignificant looking building of 1971-72 by Burles, Newton and Partners.
On the north side of Ilford, a massive church by Sir Herbert Baker dating from 1923-24, the hall of 1907 next door was the church until the current one was built. There are several fine Karl Parsons windows in the church. There is also a brand new window in the chancel clerestory by David Griffiths.