Home » Nye, David & Partners
Category Archives: Nye, David & Partners
On a hillside on the west side of the Brighton Road. There are two buildings here. On the higher ground is what is now the church hall built in 1929 and designed by S. Jupp. Below it is a church of 1954 designed By D.E. Nye and Partners. This is on the site of a church by N.F. Cachemaille-Day which was left incomplete at the outbreak of WW2 and largely demolished to enable this building to be constructed. A window and plaque commemorate two churches in Greenwich destroyed in the war and whose compensation sums paid for this building. The hall is shown in the last 2 images.
A very late gothic revival building of 1958 by David Nye and Partners. At the east end there is a Lady Chapel that contains a set of windows by Lawrence Lee, also from 1958. Across the car park is the hall which was used or services prior to the current church being built. It dates from 1907-1908 and is by Greenaway and Newberry