Home » Perivale

Category Archives: Perivale

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Nicholas, Federal Road, Perivale

The church by Laurence King and built in 1963 was demolished in Spring 2014. It has been replaced by a new church along with a small housing development. The First 4 pictures show the site in May 2014 and the next 6 the church under construction in October 2014. The next 3 were taken in March 2015. The lower pictures show the church as completed.

 

          Demolished church May 2014perivale_st_nicholas050414_1 perivale_st_nicholas050414_3
 ???????????????????????????????  perivale_st_nicholas050414_6
 Early construction October 2014perivale_st_nicholas221014_  ???????????????????????????????
 perivale_st_nicholas221014_7  perivale_st_nicholas221014_5
 perivale_st_nicholas221014_4  perivale_st_nicholas221014_8
 Later construction March 2015perivale_st_nicholas090314_  perivale_st_nicholas090314_2
 perivale_st_nicholas090314_3

   The completed  church

seen in April 2018

   
   
   
   
   
 

St John Fisher, Langdale Gardens, Perivale (Roman Catholic)

Replacing a church destroyed by fire, it dates from 1970, the architect was B.D. Kaye. It is alongside the 6 noisy lanes of the Western Avenue.

perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_ perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_19
 perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_9  perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_3
 perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_12  perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_11
 perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_4  perivale_st_john_fisher_rc161014_5
 ???????????????????????????????  ???????????????????????????????
 ???????????????????????????????  ???????????????????????????????

Holy Trinity, Medway Drive, Perivale

The building facing the road dates from 1936 and is by N.F. Cachemaile-Day, it was originally dedicated to St Edward the Confessor. In 1998 a new church shared with the United Reformed Church was constructed to the rear.

   perivale_holy_trinity161014_6  perivale_holy_trinity161014_7
 perivale_holy_trinity161014_3  ???????????????????????????????
 ??????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????

St Mary, Perivale

Redundant in 1972 and converted to a small arts venue run by a friends group in 1981, it remains consecrated. The chancel dates from the 12th century, the wooden tower from the 16th. There was much restoration by Laurence King in 1964.

               perivale_st_mary210914_29  perivale_st_mary210914_25
 perivale_st_mary210914_24 perivale_st_mary210914_27
 perivale_st_mary210914_16  perivale_st_mary210914_2
 perivale_st_mary210914_17  perivale_st_mary210914_12
 perivale_st_mary210914_15  perivale_st_mary210914_21
 perivale_st_mary210914_4  perivale_st_mary210914_18
 perivale_st_mary210914_19  perivale_st_mary210914_7
 perivale_st_mary210914_11  perivale_st_mary210914_5