Home » Philips, Derek
Category Archives: Philips, Derek
Built 1904-05 and attributed to F.W. Tasker. It was extended eastwards in 1937 and the west end was rebuilt 1949-50 after WW2 damage. The architect for this was D. Plaskett Marshall. The interior was re-orientated along the long north side in 1972 and the narthex on the south side was added in 1984, the architect being Derek Philips.
One of Nicholas Hawksmoor’s major east end churches. It was built between 1714 and 1725. Gutted by fire in 1850 it was restored by Philip Hardwick and John Morris in 1850-51, Philip .C. Hardwick (son of the earlier Hardwick) 1856-57. In 1891 Arthur Blomfield undertook a remodelling of the chancel. In 1983-93 it was restored under Julian Harrap