Built 1851-53 and designed by Thomas Cundy II. The spire was repaired by J.P. St Aubyn 1887-88 and Arthur Baker added outer aisles in 1895-97. The high altar is by John Francis Bentley 1890 and there are many other furnishings by Powells from the late 1890s.
Side on to the street, this is a church of 1956-57 by Hadfield, Cawkwell & Davidson, replacing a nearby building destroyed in the war.
1847-50 by Thomas Cundy II. The chancel was decorated in the later 19th century by Bodley. A Lady chapel was created and decorated by Comper with much Kempe glass added to the windows.
Its entrance is hidden away behind buildings, designed by R.J. Withers in 1873-74. The porch was added by H.S, Goodhart-Rendell 1925-28. It is a centre of high church anglicanism.
Built in 1863-64 by Thomas Cundy II. It faces across St George’s Square.
G.E. Street’s first London church (1860-61), south of Victoria Station and surrounded by the Churchill gardens estate. The interior features much notched brickwork, Clayton & Bell glass, a highly decorated chancel and a mosaic replacing a fresco by G.F. Watts over the chancel arch.