Home » Putney
Category Archives: Putney
Built in 1906 and designed by J.C. Radford, with the sanctuary, Lady Chapel and sacristy added in 1936 to designs by F.A. Walters and Son.
About a mile west of the High Street and surrounded on three sides by the Common. It is by G.E. Street, dating from 1873-74 Inside, all the glass, bar two windows is by Morris & Co, and it dates from the 1870s up to the 1930s.
Right on the River Thames at the southern end of Putney bridge. The tower is medieval but the body of the church was rebuilt by Edward Lapidge in 1836-37, retaining a small amount of older work including the West Chantry Chapel of the early 16th century. The church was restored in 1980-2 by Ronald Sims after a severe arson attack in 1973. A large hall above a cafe have been added on the south side through which the church is now entered.