Right on the River Thames at the southern end of Putney bridge. The tower is medieval but the body of the church was rebuilt by Edward Lapidge in 1836-37, retaining a small amount of older work including the West Chantry Chapel of the early 16th century. The church was restored in 1980-2 by Ronald Sims after a severe arson attack in 1973. A large hall above a cafe have been added on the south side through which the church is now entered.
Architects & Places
Make the pictures bigger
Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.
- Chapel (former), Mount Vernon Hospital, Rickmansworth Road, Northwood
- Christ the King, Balham High Road, Balham (Polish Roman Catholic)
- St Luke, Alpha Grove, Millwall, Isle of Dogs
- St Augustine (Former), Lillie Road, Fulham (Demolished, former Mission Church now a Day Nursery)
- St Barnabas, High Road, North Finchley, N12 8QJ