Home » Regent’s Park
Category Archives: Regent’s Park
Built as Christ Church for Anglicans in 1836-37 by James Pennethorne. The chancel was added by R.C. Carpenter in 1843. It is now leased to the Antiochian Orthodox church, which is the Orthodox church for Middle Eastern states such as Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. There is much Clayton and Bell glass, plus one early Morris window designed by Rossetti. many of the furnishings such as the font, pulpit and high altar were designed by William Butterfield.
Near the Regent’s Canal and the Zoo a church by Thomas Little of 1851-52, to which Blomfield added a chancel in 1890, however war damage meant that the roofs and east wall were by A.P. Knapp-Fisher and date from 1957. There are Ninian Comper altarpieces and stained glass that were added after the war, replacing damaged items by the same artist.