Home » St Mary Cray
Category Archives: St Mary Cray
Our Lady of the Crays, High Street, St Mary Cray (Roman Catholic)
At the opposite (southern) end of the High Street to the Anglican parish church. The present building replaced a church, called St Joseph, that had been built in 1959 by Donald Plaskett Marshall. All that remains of that building is the tower which has a new cap replacing a 60 foot high structure supporting a cross. Even at its current height the tower is a significant landmark. The current building supersedes both that and St Peter & St Paul at St Paul’s Cray which had been built after WW2 and was sold for a housing development in 2008. The new building is by Tomei and Mackley Partnership and was built in 2010-2011. The glass at the west end was apparently brought from India and installed in 2014.