Southeast of the town centre, a church of 1868-1869 by G.E Street. Arthur Blomfield & Sons added an east window, nave west end and south chapel in 1909. There is a mixture of mid 20th century Powells glass and early 20th century Kempe glass.
A church of 1831-32 by Lewis Vulliamy, it replaced a chapel of ease and was built on the site of the demolished Ashurst House. In 1878 a chancel was added by G.E. Street. The east window glass of 1954 by Evie Hone replaces a war-damaged Kempe window, whose remains are now in the north chapel east window. The reredos and the redecoration of the sanctuary are by Temple Moore in 1903. There are a few 18th-century monuments from the old chapel.
Part of Wellington barracks just south of St James Park. The building dates from 1961-63 and was designed by Bruce George. At its east end it incorporates an apse by G.E. Street (1877-79) that remains from the bombing of the previous building in 1944. The brown brick cloister is by H.S. Goodhart-Rendell dates from 1954-55.
On a prominent sloping site above the town centre. The church (one of the Waterloo churches) is by Francis Bedford, 1822. A chancel (now blocked off) and arcades were added by G.E. Street in 1872-73.
The original church of 1843-44 by G. Alexander was rebuilt after a fire by G.E. Street in 1858. Inside the west end has been screened off using the former rood screen, a WW1 memorial, and a full height glass partition to form a hall area and a number of smaller rooms.
A landmark a few 100 metres off Brixton Road. It is by G.E. Street 1870-74 with the spire completed 1888-89 under A.E. Street. Internal decoration by G.F. Bodley was added in 1890-92. It was restored, following war damage, by H.S. Goodhart-Rendel in 1955-58
A church of 1861-62 by Benjamin Ferrey. The chancel was furnished and decorated in 1867 by G.E. Street. Much of this has been lost but there have been some recent moves to reinstate some of the 19th century decoration.
The bulk of the church is by G.E, Street 1881-82 but the chancel of a church by Goldicutt & Gutch from 1841-43 was used as the west end of the new church.
G.E. Street’s first London church (1860-61), south of Victoria Station and surrounded by the Churchill gardens estate. The interior features much notched brickwork, Clayton & Bell glass, a highly decorated chancel and a mosaic replacing a fresco by G.F. Watts over the chancel arch.