Home » Upper Tooting

Category Archives: Upper Tooting

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

Holy Trinity, Trinity Road, Upper Tooting

Part way up the hill from Tooting Bec towards Wandsworth Common. The church is by Anthony Salvin from 1854-55. The tower and north transept were added by Benjamin Ferrey in 1860. He widened the north aisle in 1889. The south aisle that had been widened in 1893 is now divided off as a hall. The wall paintings of 1906-13 by Richard Castle are awaiting restoration.

upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_53  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_1  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_33
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_37  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_48
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_43  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_45
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_47  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_38
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_29  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_16
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_3  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_4
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_6  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_5
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_19  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_31
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_14  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_17
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_18  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_22
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_20  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_34
 upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_50  upper_tooting_holy_trinity201216_49