Home » Webb, Aston
Category Archives: Webb, Aston
Built 1873-74 and designed by Newman and Billing. Aston Webb added a Lady Chapel and extended the church a bay westwards. Webb added the sanctuary decoration in 1898-1901. In the 2000s there was a major developement at the west end to add in an impressive three-story arrangement of rooms and offices.
Opened as a mission from nearby St Andrew, it was closed for a while, but re-opened as a plant from Holy Trinity Brompton. The church dates from 1895-97 and was designed by Aston Webb and E.Ingress Bell, however it was never completed and lacks a chancel. It also lost a number of fittings after closure.