Built 1873-74 and designed by Newman and Billing. Aston Webb added a Lady Chapel and extended the church a bay westwards. Webb added the sanctuary decoration in 1898-1901. In the 2000s there was a major developement at the west end to add in an impressive three-story arrangement of rooms and offices.
The west end as it appears today and in the photos was not in fact that as created in the 1970s. The current west end was created in the 21st century when the last bay was demolished for flats.
Thanks for the clarification.