Home » Wood Green
Category Archives: Wood Green
Barely a 150 metres from St Bartholomew, this is a former Methodist church of 1872, designed by the Rev. J. N. Johnson, called Trinity Chapel that was acquired in 1970 and extensively redecorated in Orthodox style. Church website
Just off Bounds Green Road between Wood Green and Bowes Park. This is a former Baptist chapel of 1876 that was used by the Catholic Apostolic from 1904 up to the mid 1960s before passing to the Greek Orthodox church. Church website
One of the few evangelical churches in the area. It is by J.S. Alder and dates from 1906-1907, with a west end finished in 1930. Church website
A prominent site north of Wood Green town centre. The orignal church was of 1844 by G.G. Scott and W.B. Moffatt but rebuilt in 1865 by H. Curzon, the tower and spire were added in 1874 and 1887 respectively. The tower was restored in 2013. The glass is by Ward & Hughes and Burlison & Grylls, with the later St George by local business Cakebread Robey.