1859-60 by Henry Clutton as a complex of church, schools and presbytery for the oblates of St Charles.. J.F. Bentley, in his first work, added the angled Lady Chapel, baptistery and porch in 1861-63
An early J.F. Bentley church of 1882 facing a new park.
Built 1851-53 and designed by Thomas Cundy II. The spire was repaired by J.P. St Aubyn 1887-88 and Arthur Baker added outer aisles in 1895-97. The high altar is by John Francis Bentley 1890 and there are many other furnishings by Powells from the late 1890s.
The church was started in 1851-52 (Thomas Meyer) and completed in 1857 by Henry Clutton. J.F. Bentley made many additions (chapels and outer aisles) between 1864 to 1887.
North of Oxford Street, this is a church of 1862 by S.J. Nicholl. The reredos is by J.F. Bentley.
One of the oldest Roman Catholic Churches in Britain. It is by Joseph Bonomi, 1789-90. J.F. Bentley shortened the galleries in 1875-75 and recast the east end in 1900.
Just off Clapham High Street and currently (November 2014) under external restoration. The church was built 1849-51 to designs by William Wardell. In 1886 the Lady Chapel was added against the north aisle by John Francis Bentley, he also added the large aisled North transept in 1892-95. His son Osmund Bentley added the chapel of St Gerald Majella in 1910. An outer south aisle was added in 1928-29 by Bernard Cox.
An incomplete church on a grand scale designed by John Francis Bentley. Only the chancel, chapels and transepts were finished between 1886 and 1904. A small entrance area and hall were added 1983-84. The high altar, reredos and some of the glass are Bentley designs.
By George Dance the elder 1741-44. The ceiling decoration was added by J.F. Bentley 1888-95.
The premier English & Welsh Roman Catholic church. It is the neo-byzantine masterpiece of John Francis Bentley built from 1895-1903, though much of the planned interior decoration has never been added. Some of the side chapels have been decorated during the 21st century but the upper areas of the nave remain powerfully bare. The lower areas are covered in a wide variety of marbles. The Stations of the Cross are by Eric Gill. It sits in front of a modern piazza on the southern side of Victoria Street.