The premier English & Welsh Roman Catholic church. It is the neo-byzantine masterpiece of John Francis Bentley built from 1895-1903, though much of the planned interior decoration has never been added. Some of the side chapels have been decorated during the 21st century but the upper areas of the nave remain powerfully bare. The lower areas are covered in a wide variety of marbles. The Stations of the Cross are by Eric Gill. It sits in front of a modern piazza on the southern side of Victoria Street.