A large hilltop church by Ewan Christian and dating from 1852-1862. All but the chancel is now converted to housing. The chancel is used for a Montessori school and some weekday evening services.
A typical Ewan Christian church of 1889. It has been redundant since 1983 and since 1986 it has been leased to the Cherubim & Seraphim church (Mount of Salvation).
Built as St Antholin by Ewan Christian in 1878. It was badly damaged in WW2 and rebuilt with a shortened nave and new west end by Laurence King in 1957-1958 at which point it became St Antony. It was made redundant in 2001 and sold to a pentecostal church and renamed The Lighthouse Cathedral.
At the end of a short street off Walworth Road and sitting in a large churchyard. The church was designed by Sir John Soane in 1823-25. Ewan Christian made changes at the east end in 1888 and there were repairs after WW2 damage by Thomas F. Ford in 1953 (65 people sheltering in crypt were killed in a 1940 air raid.
Facing the east side of the Green this is a church of 1884-86 Ewan Christian. It contains the font and pulpit from the lost city church of St Dionis Backchurch. The Font cover, screen, rood, former reredos and several painted memorials are by Martin Travers. The parish hall over the road is a former mission church of 1876 by A. Billing.
In residential streets near Hounslow Station, some way from the town centre. This is a church of 1875-76 by Ewan Christian to which a large tower was added in 1935 by N.F. Cachemaile-Day.
Built 1851-52 by S. W. Daukes. Ewan Christian added an outer north aisle in 1881.
Built 1884-85 by Ewan Christian. It became a Greek Orthodox church in 1957 and a Cathedral in 1970. In contrast to the plain exterior the interior walls and ceilings are completely decorated with colourful and impressive paintings of Biblical scenes. Although I was able to take a set of interior photographs the priest present requested that they are not published.
High above the station area of New Barnet, this is a small church of 1865 by Ewan Christian
High up on the edge of a scattered village in the south of Bromley borough. It has a Norman nave and a 13th century chancel, 14th century north aisle and a south chancel chapel. It was restored in 1846 and 1891-92, the latter by Ewan Christian.