Home » Cranford
Category Archives: Cranford
A replacement for two earlier churches on the main Bath Road. This church is in the centre of the village, designed by Norman Haines and built in 1970. It is in the same parish as St Dunstan in Cranford Park over the border in London Borough of Hillingdon. The church is a large, tall open space with a separate Lady Chapel behind a glass screen to one side.
Inside Cranford Park and just in Hillingdon Borough (other Cranford churches are in Hounslow Borough).The tower is 15th century, the nave of 1710. There have been restorations by J.L. Pearson and Martin Travers and one just completed in March 2013, the church is open most Saturdays. It was once next to the a great house but all that now remains are the stables. The rural charm is spoilt by the M4 thundering past a few yards away.