The nave and tower, typical of their date, date from 1828-1829 and were designed by Robert Wallace, with the chancel added in 1880 by Charles Henman Jnr. It was made redundant in 1980 and was converted into sheltered housing in 1989. The churchyard is a public open space.
On a busy road junction, the original church dates from 1887 by W.V. Arnold but much was badly damaged by a fire in 1920. Most of the building now dates largely from 1926-1927 and was designed by W D Caroe.
Side on to the road this is one of G.F. Bodley’s lesser-known churches. It dates from 1894-1895.
A short way north of the town centre. The original church of 1851-1852 by S.S. Teulon, having closed in 1978 was badly damaged by fire in 1985 leaving the west end of the nave to be incorporated in a new building of 1991 by Maurice Taylor. The old church section is now a hall and the newer section, the worship area.
South of the town centre, this is a church designed by Benjamin Ferrey in 1857.
Southeast of the town centre in leafy suburbia, this church replaced a 19th-century building on the edge of the town centre. The architect was David Bush and it was built as a complex of halls, offices and church in 1965-72. It was originally orientated towards the wall that now features two fire doors. Their insertion led to the altar being moved in front of John Hayward’s stained glass windows. Some choir pews and two angels, as well as some of the glass re-used in the windows, remain from the previous church.
A large church, about a mile south of St Peter, this one by John Oldrid Scott, dating from 1881-84. It was subdivided in 1989 with the nave and aisles converted to a hall, offices and meeting rooms, toilets and a kitchen. The worship area is now in the crossing, transepts and chancel.