Home » Farnborough

Category Archives: Farnborough

Architects & Places

Make the Pictures Bigger

Click on any picture to enlarge it.
Use the browser back button to return to the post.

St Giles, Church Road, Farnborough

A small church high up in a large churchyard overlooking High Elms Country Park. It is a short walk from the centre of Farnborough village. The church was rebuilt in 1641 after storm damage. A small north aisle survives from the older building, the chancel is by Joseph Clarke from 1886 and the tower was rebuilt in 1838 bu a Mr Blackshaw.

                farnborough_st_giles020317_ farnborough_st_giles020317_2
 farnborough_st_giles020317_4  farnborough_st_giles020317_7
 farnborough_st_giles020317_5  farnborough_st_giles020317_37
 farnborough_st_giles020317_14  farnborough_st_giles020317_27
 farnborough_st_giles020317_29  farnborough_st_giles020317_31
 farnborough_st_giles020317_39  farnborough_st_giles020317_19
 farnborough_st_giles020317_30  farnborough_st_giles020317_15
 farnborough_st_giles020317_20  farnborough_st_giles020317_26
 farnborough_st_giles020317_35

St Nicholas, Leamington Avenue, Farnborough

A small concrete hall/church some way north of Farnborough village, it is as much suburban southern Orpington. Built 1957-58.

farnborough_st_nicholas020317_3  farnborough_st_nicholas020317_1
 farnborough_st_nicholas020317_2  farnborough_st_nicholas020317_

St Michael and All Angels, Crofton Road, Locks Bottom, Farnborough (Roman Catholic)

Built in 1961 and designed by Henry Bingham Towner

locks_bottom_st_michael_rc220217_6 locks_bottom_st_michael_rc220217_5
 locks_bottom_st_michael_rc220217_3  locks_bottom_st_michael_rc220217_
 locks_bottom_st_michael_rc220217_4