Home » Garner, Thomas
Category Archives: Garner, Thomas
Set in a spacious churchyard in the old village. It is a 15th century church, enlarged several times in the 19th century. Benjamin Ferrey rebuilt the chancel in 1849 and Bodley and Garner lengthened it in 1896, adding the organ case and reredos. The south aisle is also by Ferrey and the spire was rebuilt taller in 1857 by Wollaston.
A Bodley & Garner church of 1890-92, with the western bays of the nave added by Cecil Hare in 1911-12. The name comes from this originally being a mission to the east end from Eton School. The church has recently been restored alongside the construction of new buildings on either side of the site. The lower photos show the church in December 2012 prior to the work,the upper ones post restoration in September 2017.
|Pre restoration pictures below|